Monday, January 31, 2011

'50' On the Spot

Today, I create something for future use. I write songs in many different fashions -- sometimes it'll be a riff on the keys, a beat, a phrase, etc. A lot of times though, it'll start with a title.

So with no pre-conceived notion of what will come out... here's some fodder for Grammy's yet to come... the first 50 titles that come to my head. Boom.
  1. Blackberry Blues
  2. In Time
  3. Not Quite Done
  4. Cool Wit It
  5. On The Flip Side
  6. Mistaken
  7. Last Night
  8. March Forth
  9. Lonely Day
  10. Your Next Text
  11. Better Be Gone
  12. Insatiable
  13. Glass Half Full
  14. Never Knew
  15. Plastic Smiles
  16. Shake it Up
  17. Put 'em Up
  18. Tell Him Again
  19. Melt Away
  20. Everybody Thinks They Know
  21. Sunsets and Chocolate
  22. Love Me Again
  23. I Blame You
  24. Don't Try It
  25. My Future Self
  26. Never Let Her Go
  27. Picture This
  28. What Had Happened Was
  29. Coulda Been Me
  30. Always Thought I'd Know
  31. Keep It
  32. Don't Go.. So Slowly
  33. Hand in Hand
  34. That Kinda Man
  35. Lock and Load
  36. What Did You Think?
  37. Take You Home
  38. Sorry's Just a Word
  39. More and More
  40. Alternate Ending
  41. Words Won't Work
  42. Better Take a Pill
  43. Lovely
  44. 6am
  45. First Thing I See
  46. Deal Me In
  47. You're Killin' Me
  48. You Made You Mad
  49. Hope It's Good
  50. That's What She Said
And as it typically goes, most of what comes out is crap. But sifting through it, I see some stuff I like. Ideas are-a sparkling. Ahhh... that side of my brain DOES exist.

Hello future Grammy, my name is Leonard. I'll be writing you and my wife, Jessica will be singing you. See you soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment