Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Busy New Year...

Be careful what you wish for.

And know what to do with it when it comes.

I'm so fortunate to be able to work from home and have music be the foundation of my income. Last April (2010), I left one of the most financially stable jobs I've had in my adult life. I worked with a great group of people. I miss them. Not the job.... just them.

Money isn't worth making if you don't have time to enjoy it. Ok... 401k aside, you know what I mean. But what about now?

It's still a lot of work -- dad, husband, manager, agent, another manager, design-dude, promoter, performer, and songwriter. I'm sure there are those with twice as many hats that have successfully found their balance. This year... I will find mine. I will find out a way, little by little, to carve out, prioritize, and get ahead of this "Music Busy-ness" that I love.

Watch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment